WEWOOD - Buy a watch, plant a tree

WeWood is a brand that creates unique time pieces. As the name gives away, their watches and eyewear are manufactured from wood. The ...


WeWood is a brand that creates unique time pieces. As the name gives away, their watches and eyewear are manufactured from wood. The brand launched in Italy in 2009. In 2011 WeWood opened operations in the US.



When the watch I ordered arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging. It came in a very eco-friendly square box. Tucked inside was info on my watch and info about the company. I'm a sucker for packaging and this was nice - it suits the brand and what they do very well.







WeWood the brand is special in that it takes an initiative in environmental conservation. They source recycled wood, that may otherwise be wasted. A huge part of that initiative is their promise to plant one tree for each watch purchased. They partner with American Forests, Trees for the Future, and Treedom in planting trees. I took the below image from the site to give you an idea of how WeWood contributes to reforestation.




I ordered the Kardo Chocolate. I knew right away this was my choice. I love the dark wood and pops of color on the face. It's a very modern design and works well for dress or casual. This watch gets complements! 




This particular watch is made of Indian Rosewood which is a strong, heavy wood. Because of the natural variations in rosewood, you'll often find small streaks of with hues of purple and reds, making each piece as individual as the person wearing it. 



We love everything about WeWood. The craftsmanship is high quality, the style is on point, and the participation of the brand in taking care of our world is outstanding and appreciated. 





0 comments