Pulled Pork Sandwiches.

Today I will be sharing with you to this amazing recipe my Mother - In - Law gave me. I have been craving her pulled pork sandw...




Today I will be sharing with you to this amazing recipe my Mother - In - Law gave me.
I have been craving her pulled pork sandwiches for awhile now.




Here is what you need:



Big Daddy’s Carolina Style Barbecue Sauce

1 cup prepared yellow mustard 
1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 cup light brown sugar 
3/4 cup cider vinegar 
1/4 cup water 
2 tablespoons chili powder 
1 teaspoon black pepper 
1 teaspoon white pepper 
1/4 teaspoon cayenne 
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce 
2 tablespoons butter 
1 tablespoon liquid smoke (hickory flavoring) or smoked paprika

PREPARATION:
Mix all except soy, butter and smoke. Simmer 30 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 more minutes.

Sandwich Slaw
2 cups shredded cabbage 
2 tablespoons minced onion 
2 tablespoons white vinegar 
2 tablespoons mayonnaise 
1 clove garlic, minced 
2 teaspoons sugar 
1 teaspoon ground black pepper 
1/2 teaspoon salt 


PREPARATION:
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for at least an hour. Place a generous portion on each pulled pork sandwich.



A Carolina BBQ Rub

2 tablespoons salt 
2 tablespoons sugar 
2 tablespoons brown sugar 
2 tablespoons ground cumin 
2 tablespoons chili powder 
2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper 
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper 
1/4 cup paprika 

PREPARATION:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well; use as a dry rub on beef, chicken, lamb or pork.
Let the rub sit on the butt overnight- bake at 250 all day.


In this recipe I used my Maxam Marble Mortar and Pestle it made making the rub so much easier. I have been wanting a Mortar Pestle for sometime now and finally had to opportunity to feature this one. I love the fact that this one is made out of marble. 



0 comments